The soul was alive but the quickening began after the Fall and that is the legend of the Butterflies flutter.
It must have the light and warmth of the Sun. (Creative License~ Amen :Y)
The metamorphosis begins with the eggs of the Butterfly as they are gently laid upon the green leaf of summer.
The wormlike creatures emerge from the eggs and immediately begin to sustain itself by devouring the food. The caterpillar is so very hungry, it eats, it eats, and it eats until it has outgrown its present state; and must shed the old skin for new bigger skin in the molting.
After many times of molting it is fully grown and must begin the change into its new creature. It resides in the Chrysalis (pupa) where is has protection, resting as the transformation takes place. Upon completion of the transformation it emerges as the Butterfly.
The transformation has been so very tiring and the butterfly requires more rest before it begins it flight, in its purpose, and the continuation of the life cycle. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
The Dance in the Fluttering
- Butterflies taste with their feet – “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
- Butterflies do not have mouths – “Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptable in your sight oh Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)
- Butterflies need the Sun to fly, need the daylight and need the warmth. “for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light.” (Ephesians 5:8-9)
- Butterflies see colors of red, yellow and green. “And he was transfigured before them, and his face shown like the sun, and his clothes became white as light.” ( Mathew 17:2)
- Butterflies have their skeletons outside for protection for water resides within otherwise they would dry out – “Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied”. (Mathew 5:6)
- Butterfly wings are transparent but this transparency is not revealed to the naked eye. “Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.” (Ephesians 4:25)
Feel the flutter of the butterfly in the quickening of God’s Word. ~ Amen :Y
“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” (1 Corinthians 15:46)